In low moments, I sincerely doubt that anyone ever changes their mind, and I especially doubt that anyone ever changes their mind in response to an op-ed. But our planet, our home, is in mortal danger, and words are all I've got. So I'm taking my very best shot here.
Margaret Renkl
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/11/04/opinion/trump-harris-election-climate.html?unlocked_article_code=1.XU4.g3Yl.LHkfOgVHkiRB&smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare
Supporting the study, critique, and appreciation of American philosophy and culture--"American Studies"-- in the tradition of William James, John Dewey, Charles Sanders Peirce, Emerson, Thoreau, et al... This site was constructed initially to support an Independent Readings course at Middle Tennessee State University in the Spring 2021 semester.
Tuesday, November 5, 2024
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Think for yourselves, American scholars (but not BY yourselves)
On this day in 1837, Ralph Waldo Emerson delivered his famous “American Scholar” address to the Phi Beta Kappa Society at Harvard . He tol...
-
Anderson, ch9-11; McDermott, ch11-12; Romano, Part 4. REPORT: Erica , Women in Philosophy... See last time's questions pertaining to Rom...
-
Anderson, ch-6-8; McDermott, ch8-10; Romano, Part 3. REPORT: Gary, Pragmatism & 12-step programs I jumped the gun on that question abou...
-
This was posted to my Democracy and Education course blogsite, they're reading Dewey's Democracy and Education. Democracy is "...
No comments:
Post a Comment